Humans of LBCC - COVID Edition

As many families stay inside during the quarantine of Oregon, the ever rising cases of confirmed COVID-19 begins to raise anxiety in every household. For me personally, it isn't the worst thing in the world. I've been able to successfully stay busy and entertained. For example, I'm a video editor, so I had a lot of work piling up which I have been slowly whittling down. On top of that, school has started up again--as one could probably tell by the introductory post explaining this blog is going to be used primarily for my photojournalism and marketing class. It's almost like things have gone back to normal if for one second you forget there is a worldwide pandemic and nobody is allowed to go near anyone else. Scratch that, the whole social distancing thing apparently applies to everyone but the 10 groups of people who journey to Waverly Park for an evening stroll. I doubt the path on the perimeter of the lake is even six feet wide. You know what, as I was writing this blog entry I started to really feel the pressure from a combined mixture of an economic downturn, a global pandemic, and watching too many Doomsday Preppers episodes. I decided that now was the best time to take action before it was too late. I donned my protective gear, and rapidly ventured out into public to quickly purchase the necessities to survive--as civilization as we know it is doomed to crumble. Before you know it, I'm stocked up with everything I need, and now I can sleep at home safely and soundly knowing I'll be okay even with the downfall of humanity. In fact, I'm so confident, I was able to get a worried bystander to snap a photo of me amongst my spoils of grocery conquest, ready to partake in my online Zoom classes with my 20 year old Macbook.



Comments

Popular Posts