Normal Life Amidst Lock Down



One thing hasn't changed during this time of self quarantine is nature. Taken during this month of May, rainy weather followed up by lots of sun gives way to a lot of grass growth and flowers. Throughout my entire lawn, there is nothing but a sea of white and yellow flowers stretching to every green space available.



Another thing unaffected by COVID-19 is grocery shopping for the family. Keren Jones comes back from a shopping trip to Costco with food, just like any other week. It's fortunate that shops like Costco are still open during COVID-19 lock down so that my family can continue eating relatively the same and healthy food. My mom probably doesn't appreciate the fact I wasn't helping her bring in groceries, but no worries; I helped right after this shot.


A significant portion of photojournalism during this pandemic is featuring wildlife and animals returning to areas once heavily populated by humans. My family and I live out in the wilderness, so it's not uncommon to see eagles like this one circling above. Sometimes even five or six eagles can be seen above our home. Since my family has the privilege of being so close to wildlife, it's easy to forget about the lock down procedures being enforced.

Comments

Popular Posts